BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 24, 2008

Alberdi Cont.


This was my first birthday out on the mission. The big Two-Oh. Seen here is a plate of cookies with a few oreo alfajors.






Here is a long and lonesome road we had to walk to get to a members house who lived way out on the fringes of town. On either side of us are potato fields and some kind of vegetable I never identified.


(I've never seen sugar do that before.)
This is the sugar factory. They bring in all the sugar cane in that they grow... everywhere down there, and make sugar. The waste then gets burned. This stinks up the town and causes ash to fall all over... especially on out nice white shirts.


This is me showing off my culinary skill by making 100 delicious empanadas. We lived off those for quiet some time. See those papers on the edge of the picture... those are three pages of detailed instructions on how to make amazing empanadas. I lost them. :(


In loving memory of our chickens...... They tasted really bad. I think it was too soon.
By the way, that is E' Colton my trainer who trains.

2 comments:

Christina said...

That is so sad you lost the empandada instructions! We were all expecting you to make them for us!

cameron said...

you miss those oreos don't you