BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where Angels Land




This is day 2. We decided to do the Angels Landing Hike in the morning due to the heat wave that we had been enduring. This is just looking up the first part of the trail. You end up going back into the canyon.












Looking north up the canyon.
















Looking down south of the canyon.















the Three Amigos










This was a cool part of the trail. They cut into the mountain and paved a semi steep trail around this part of the mountain. It felt good in the shade and the nice breeze that swept down it.










Just another view. I though the butt view might have scarred you.




















This is my, "So-what?-I'm-here-hiking-and-I'm-awesome-and-there-is-nothing-you-can-do-you-want-to-fight-about-it" face







Connor and Myself.










Andrew and Me.











Hole-y Mole-y. This is me being creepy. I have to say, I believe my living quarters are now literally a hole in the wall....







Just doing a little caving. Nice formation. I should bring a sleeping bag next time.



The SWITCH BACKS OF DEATH!!!! After a while of straight up-hill hiking, we come around the bend to see this staring down at us. We had to give our calves a little break before making our assent.


As you can clearly see, our way up was slowed by the occasional dramatic pose.... you know, for the ladies.


Further back up the canyon. Not sure what the policy on leaving the trail was, but I thought it would have been fun just to go off on an adventure.












The start of the final assent to Angels Landing. That is pretty much the coolest trail. Who wouldn't want to hike on a trail that is three feet wide with sheer drop offs on either side?







Calling all seminary teachers!! Here is your real life "hold to the rod/chain" example. I recommend doing this hike to better your ability to convey the importance of hanging on.









Someone had carved 'BYU' into the stone atop of Angels Landing.







Thumbs up if you're a stud.....















This is my what's next pose.







Just the three of us enjoying a victory picture after we conquered the hike. Took some convinsing to get Andrew to do that last stretch and get out on the ledge with us. I think he enjoyed it. The threat of death tend to make you appreciate life and all around you more.

1 comments:

Christina said...

I haven't seen these photos of you before. They are great. Love the scruff...very wilderness appropriate.